Aug 13, 2011

Feathered And Fine

I have been thinking about adding a few feather extensions to my hair for awhile now. I love the cute,bohemian,care-free look it gives to your hair.

I didn't really want to do anything drastic, just a few strands for fun,and to see how it would look on me.

I had "tested the waters" first, so to speak, by asking a few of my stylist friends on facebook, and twitter, what the best options would be, and when I went in for my haircut, my stylist was wearing the cutest feathers in her short,red hair.That pretty much sealed the deal.

Here's the breakdown : These feathers are just hair extensions that are woven into the hair,and attached with a small "bead". They can be washed and styled just like your own hair,and the can even be curled slightly with a curling iron, or flat iron. (very gently)

They generally last for about six weeks,and are made out of rooster feathers. They come in great shades from natural, to orange,red,purple, blue,etc. Depending on the style, you can even get patterned extensions.

My salon will do a little consultation with you, to choose the best colors, then gently "weave" the extension into your hair. The price for one is $15, two is $25

If you're "chicken" like me (pardon the pun) you can choose just a single monochromatic strand in a shade to match your hair.

I love mine, it gives just a playful touch to my style. Hopefully my cat will not want to play too much with my hair. Lol!

Until next time~

Hugs and Hearts
BellevueGrl


Photo Credits:
All photos are property of the blog owner, and may not be used without permission
BellevueGrl Productions, 2011

Special "Thanks" to  Pzazz Hair Design



No comments:

Post a Comment