Mar 8, 2010

"Where There's Smoke, There's Fire"



Achieving A Perfect Smokey Eyed Look -



Often the hottest looks in fashion magazines are almost impossible to re-create at home in your own bathroom. So, how do you go about creating a glamorous sizzle without looking like a flashback to the "Dancing Queen" days?


 BellevueGrl is here to lend a few tips on how to get that gorgeous smokey eyed look without looking like you played in glitter all day.



The new shades are out,and yes,they do contain a fair amount of shimmer,but you can create a subtle glint of color without going back to the disco days of the 70's and 80's.

For my look,I chose Urban Decay Eye Shadows. The Stardust shades are beautiful, but just to show you that you can create a look without a harsh hand, I chose shades from the Show Pony Shadow Box. I first lined my eyes with 24/7 eyeliner in Mildew a deep green. Then, I used a damp brush to apply just a hint of shimmer all the way to the brow bone using Polyester Bride. The trick of using a damp brush is that you get better control of your shadow and the glitter stays where you want it too,not on your cheek or under your eyes.

On lids,I used Snatch (again,from the Show Pony Box) this is a soft slightly glittery peach. I then went over my green liner and slightly above it and edging outward with Smog.this is a beautiful matte deep green shade. I also used it to slightly rim my bottom lashes.

I then tipped just the corner of my lashes with Flipside mascara,which is a beautiful matching teal green.

To finish, I then lightly dusted just a hint of loose mineral powder over my eyes to set the look. The result was a beautiful deep smokey eye,without the pots of glitter look.




Be the "Sparkle" in someone else's eye!

Until next time~

Hugs and Hearts

BellevueGrl

No comments:

Post a Comment