Jul 15, 2018

Book And Happenings

It's been quite awhile, and I wanted to catch up with everyone and announce the launch of my new book.

I decided to bite the bullet and put together a collection of short stories that I have written over the past year.

Most of these stories are about the heart, emotions, both positive and negative. There are stories of love, insight, inspiration, whimsy. They aren't meant to be taken literally, they aren't about anyone, or even for anyone. They are simply like poetry, to make one think, to appeal to the senses, perhaps to remember a moment or two of your own.

There is a passage, one that I like to refer to as a parabal for the heart. I was feeling very uncertain of my path. Every now and then, we all feel a little stuck. We want to be remembered, to matter, to be heard.




The heart is like a book. It holds memories. There are chapters that we like to re-read now and then. The storm in my story is a metaphor for life. It can be gentle, or it can be fierce and make us question everything. There are dog-eared pages in my book (heart), well loved moments, people, friends.

The character is feeling unsettled inside, is walking in the rain.  I liken the world to a diary that was carried by someone, dropped carelessly along the way, perhaps into a puddle, the pages are drenched. Someone finds it, and tries to see if they can salvage what was written inside.

As you read this story, I hope that you can relate.

The following is an excerpt from "And Then God Smiled" by Elaine Hamilton


                                                  The Book And The Storm

Feeling stormy today. There's a quiet roll of thunder under my calm surface. Seeing with my grey eyes today, there is no sun that can warm me enough to feel anything but disdain. I almost like the feel of rain on my face, I've come to welcome it some days, because it just feels good to to become part of the wildness of nature, just let go. Walking, feeling the wind, no one can see the pain behind the sardonic grin. I hide it well.

Raindrops hide tears, wrapping my heart with rubber bands again. Words, memories surface, almost like an old journal that is treasured. Scrapping everything I know once more. The pages of this book are getting old and tattered, a few are dog-eared because I tend to revisit them now and then. I carry this book with me, keep it close, but one day, I'll let go, and it will be consumed by the puddles that are left after the storm passes, pages will be drenched, and the words will be erased, and the book will lay forgotten.

Maybe someday, someone will find it, and wonder about the story it might have held. Maybe they will carefully dry out the pages , and see what was written, try to decipher the story within, the things that might have been, the wistful fairytale, the long forgotten dreams, and treasure it.



The book is available in the Amazon Kindle Store. Check out this link if you'd like to know more.
https://www.amazon.com/Then-God-Smiled-Collection-Stories-ebook/dp/B07F49GYS4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8


Until next time~
Hearts and Hugs
BellevueGrl

No comments:

Post a Comment