Sep 24, 2009

Bistros On A Budget

When I first started writing for BellevueGrl, I didn't intend on becoming a food critic, but there are so many great places to dine in this town,that I had to give just a quick review of where to get the best food for under $25.00 and that includes a great glass of wine......
Here are some best bets to help your budget but keep you from "Whining" while you're dining

Nestled inside the old Chili's  Restaurant in Issaquah is Tutta Bella- At first glance one might think it's just another italian restaurant amid the rest,but this place has an upbeat atmosphere,a friendly fun staff,the owner will come out and chat with you,and has the best speciality pizza I've tried all for under $25.00 including a glass of wine. The patio dining is very elegant,with little fireplaces ,it's cool without the heavy cash.

The same goes for Pizzeria Guido located at Crossroads Mall in Bellevue. The wine list is extensive ,featuring most wines direct from Italy,great prices,nice "homey" atmospere. This place is always packed,usually a hometown crowd,and one bite of their pizza will tell you why. I'm not sure if it is the food or the staff that impressed me the most. My waiter opened up a fresh bottle of  Valpolicella, Villa Girardi 2003 for my pleasure after he noticed I enjoyed my glass so much.=)  I was in heaven!!! Again, a very reasonably priced meal.

Rubys Diner- Redmond Great for breakfast,a fast luch,or dinner and yes, they have green chile to put on your burgers . This place is great for the kids,quick service if you are on your lunchbreak.and again most meals average about 10.00 They have just about any kind of shake you could want ,syrups to add to your coke or soda for a real cherry/lime coke. Fun,friendly staff.

Frankies  Pizza and Pasta-Redmond  A friend of mine and I discovered this restaurant quite by accident when we were new here. we were starving and driving around the town totally lost when we came upon this great restaurant..now this pizza comes with the best marinara sauce I have ever tasted...just like your grandma would make at home if you were so lucky.It's been three years, and we've been coming back to this place ever since.They serve great pasta ,all freshly made in their kitchen. My favorite, Fettuccine Alfredo is made with real cream sauce,you can taste the butter,add a little fresh cracked black pepper..yum!!!! I must mention the wine of the month as well...the owner has never made a bad choice every time it's wonderful.For a great meal that's not alot of "dough"..pardon the pun.. this is a place you'll keep coming back to!

More to come-
Until next time~
Hugs and Hearts
BellevueGrl

No comments:

Post a Comment