Dec 27, 2009

My Very Best Of List

 BellevueGrls year end wrap up of favorite products-
 What works,and what flopped.Those ooey gooey messes,the tried and true and the awesome brand new.

As everyone knows, I love a classic makeup look for daily wear. when it comes to a soft natural look I rely upon Stila.
 I love most everything about this makeup! From the enviro-friendly packaging to the soft shades,totally blendable eye shadows and blush compacts ,all the way to long lasting,and yes, really smudge proof mascara. I've been using the products now for about three years. even the bronzer is soft and blendable,when applied with a blush brush it goes on and stays on all day without touch ups.a very big plus when you are on the go.
I even traveled with this makeup,everything stayed fresh and packed well in a suitcase without spilling over or getting messy.
 
Some of the best,long wearing eye liners are to be found at Sephora. Their very own brand comes in a pyramid of colors. They go on soft and creamy,without melting halfway through your day. I finally got rid of my own dark brown liner in favor of these pencils,and so glad I did. I'm in love with "Nano Eyes" in Glitter Brown and Wild Spirit (an almost purple/blue)
Another fave is Sephora "liner electro" in Copper. Ladies, this is a gold flecked copper shade that is great for that gilded sun goddess bronze eye.

The "oops" on my list were Stilas Cherry Crush lip stain...This did not wear well at all,not a good shade if you are fair,Smashbox Cream Eyeliner Palette (the colors ran) and "O"gloss which was a cool idea but an icky sticky lip glossy mess. Another to file under the "don't waste your money" category is Maybelline waterproof Lash Stiletto mascara. This turned out to be a gloppy mess that did not go on well,takes long to dry,and does not wash off well. Waterproof,yes, but taking it off is a hassle,and I woke up with mascara still under my eyes.It takes a really oily eye makeup remover to get all of this off,and the residue is just not worth it.

Hooray for Nars!! Their cream eye shadows are wonderful. the mini compacts fit in a pocket or small purse just right and again the colors are blendable and long wearing. I used Corfu and loved it. a very soft beige-brown that adds just a hint of color. perfect for every eye shade. I also love the blush.Laguna and Orgasm rock!
 

The best foundation ever- I have tried them all! From Estee Lauder to Chanel,to Clinique,even Maybelline. I have very fair skin and it's hard for me to find one color that I can stick to without having to blend them together to get just the right shade. I actually found two that fit the bill.
Aveda "Inner Light" Duel Powder Foundation. This can be worn wet or dry. it is a powder that when applied with a slightly damp makeup sponge goes on and looks flawless all day. It even hides my freckles,gives a really nice matte finish.
For a liquid foundation,hands down the winner was Make Up Forever HD (high definition) Invisible Cover Foundation. Smooth,light,just right for every day wear. Top off with their loose powder (Micro Finish) for a look that will last all day. No shiny foreheads during the day.
 
Sparkle in the New Year!
~Until next time
Hugs and Hearts
BellevueGrl

No comments:

Post a Comment