Jun 15, 2011

"Foiled Again"

For the past few months, I have been on a quest. A quest to find what has turned out to be tougher than finding the Holy Grail. I've been trying to get hold of OPI's Silver Shatter;and have searched every Salon,Trade Secret, Ulta, and Beauty works I can find.

Sadly, I still have not been lucky enough to find the magic elixir that will turn my nails to a  liquid, shimmering  treasure. 

 I just recently learned that Sally Hansen came out with a line of Crackle overcoats, that are supposed to do the exact same job as the OPI brand, and decided it would be much easier to find these at my local store.


I quickly headed to my nearest Rite Aid, and was greeted by an assortment of beautiful shades. There are actually eight in all, ranging fromWhite,Silver,Red,Pink,and so forth. My eyes kept going back to the silver, and so it was, that I finally found my Holy Grail.

 I first started with a good base coat, then applied Sinful Colors Professional  in "Oasis" ($1.99) This is a beautiful,Strawberry-Pink. To get a good solid color, I added two coats,and let dry completely. The coverage was even, and it did not streak.

Then came the "icing" on the cake, so to speak.
I brushed on the crackle overcoat in "Fractured Foil", a beautiful shimmering silver. This only required one thin coat to see results,and the formula did not get thick or goo-ey.
I really liked the results from the first nail. It almost looks like silver sugar on my nails, and is a perfect look paired with hot pink.
 In the light, the silver is very shimmery. 


I topped this with OPI Rapid Dry Top Coat, and for two days my manicure has lasted without any chips or problems.

 I can't wait to pair this with other colors! 

 Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat is $6.99 and can be found at Walgreen's,Rite Aid,Target,Bartel's,and most retail outlets.

 I will so be back for the White Crackle next!

 Have you tried these yet? and if so, what colors have you paired them with?


Until next time~

Hugs and Hearts,
BellevueGrl




Photo Credits:


All photos are property of the blog owner and may not be used without permission

BellevueGrl Productions,2011

No comments:

Post a Comment