Jul 21, 2011

"Blues Lady"


I love trying out interesting combinations of eyeshadow. We all get tired of the neutral browns and beige's and pinks that are out there.




Every now and then, I like to be a little more daring with my look and love bringing out the blue -green color of my eyes.

I've read that blue eyeshadow is considered passe`and perhaps that matte blue with white highlighter is,but if you add a little modern edge to it with soft silvers, grays,or even a mixture of turquoise, it will give it a bit of eye catching appeal.

Here, I get "a little blue" to show you that blue is still a very sexy look!



For look #1 I used a combination of colors from Tarte. I started with a light silver for my base color, I then chose the icy blue for my lid color, adding a darker blue at outer corners and slightly up to crease. I lined the inner "v" of my eye with a silver eyeliner, then lined my upper lash line and waterline with black eyeliner.




To add a soft, modern edge, I then dusted on Allure loose eyeshadow by Motives over the eye with a loose fluffy brush.






For look #2 A pop of blue in Painkiller by Urban Decay was added simply to a soft pink eyeshadow. Eyes were rimmed in 24/7 eyeliner in oil slick. The color is applied to inner corner of eye, then brushed up slightly into crease. I also wrapped the color under my lower lashes to give more depth to the shade.






These looks are simple,are easy to achieve, and give an updated look to simple blue shadow.

Give yourself "the blues"

Until next time~
Hugs and Hearts
BellevueGrl


Photo Credits:
All photos are property of the blog owner, and may not be used without permission
BellevueGrl Productions, 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment