Jul 9, 2011

Summer "Glow Getters"

It's July, and the heat is on! We may be seeing fall reviews, but it is still summertime.

We all want to get a healthy glow on without damaging our skin. No one likes to look over baked, that fake orange look is a thing of the past, and gals are now embracing a non sprayed on tan look.


I am part of the "Pale" bunch, and often find myself reaching for blush,plus bronzer to give a nice "spent the day in the sun" look. Pairing  blush over a bronzer gives a soft inner glow to the skin. Brush bronzer just slightly under hallow of cheekbone,along temples,and across forehead, just a dash on the nose.
An old hint from an Estee Lauder friend: "Think anywhere the sun would hit naturally" . Then top off with just a light dusting in a softer shade of blush on cheekbones.



Now, I really do use these products everyday.. One of my favorites is Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Star Bronzing Powder. I grabbed this from my local Macy's store when it first came out. The compact alone, is gorgeous. The size of the powder is generous, and the shades, either blended together or worn alone give a nice peachy look to the skin.

I show this with a small travel brush, but for best results,use a big fluffy brush.

I also love the bronzing powders that are included in the Sephora Color Play box that came out around Mother's Day this year. The kit is packed full of wonderful shades that you can interchange in a separate little compact, that you can customize,and pop into a purse or tote. Each shade has a magnet on the bottom, so you can lift them out, and pop your favorites into this little take along mirrored case.

Here, I show my "kit" for the day, along with blush and matching bronzing powder. I believe the bronzer is called "Terra." 


The shades are just perfect matched with each other,and pretty much last all day. I love the ability to customize my own look.

Another great find is LORAC Baked Bronzer in TANtalize Me. This goes on very soft and gives just a hint of bronze color. It is perfect for highlighting already sun kissed skin.

I believe you can still find this at Ulta,or at Sephora.com.

I have always loved the LORAC Summer collections because of the wonderful bronze and gold shades that they come out with each year.


What are some of your favorite bronzers that you reach for?  Do you have one that you wear everyday? Do you prefer powder or a cream?



Please feel free to share.   I would love to hear your comments.

Until next time~
Hugs and Hearts
BellevueGrl


Photo Credits:

All photos are property of the blog owner,and may not be used without permission.
BellevueGrl Productions, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment