Jul 5, 2011

"Shatter Chatter"

I'm a bit late to get on-board with the latest color trend, but this is one that you simply must try.

As I had explained previously,finding the new OPI Shatter Collections can be as hard as finding.. well, a
Mermaid's Tear! But this is one quest that is definitely worth it.

OPI's Mermaid's Tears is not a color that requires two coats, but I do recommend it to deepen the color. It's that pretty, that it can stand by itself,goes on smooth,and really shines. No streaks at all.

The shade is an ice cream shop minty green,and dries quickly. 


I then added a thin coat of Sally Hansen's Crackle Coat in Fractured Foil,which I like to think of as a silver frosting.  It changed the finish entirely,adding an almost frosted glass effect that is just beautiful.


I always add a top coat to seal and protect my manicure,and with OPI's Rapid Dry Top Coat, it usually lasts for four days.  The finished look is like an icy green leaf with spun sugar over it. Mesmerizing!





  OPI Mermaid's Tears is part of the Pirates Of The Caribbean Collection and is priced at $8.50 .



I can truly see what all the fuss was about when this first launched. It looks like the scales of an unearthly creature.


Cast your spell, Ladies!   Or, cast your nets and see what you will catch!

Until next time~

Hugs and Hearts

BellevueGrl


Photo Credits:
 All photos are property of the blog owner and may not be used without permission
BellevueGrl Productions,2011 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment