Sep 4, 2010

Old Navy.."Just Old?"

I recently walked into my local Old Navy store to browse some of their fall fashions.. I admit, I was bored and was just killing time before a movie. I was curious to see what some fresh new styles were, but oh my, I was so wrong about the "fresh" part!



Now retro is one thing, but this was just plain "old". I'm seeing 70's everywhere! From shaggy vests to cords,to wool ponchos,to pea coats..now, I don't want to age myself too much, but I had a red wool pea coat in high school...even peasant blouses,the old fashioned kind with elastic around the neck and sleeves are back.

It left me wondering when I was going to see a Charlies Angels poster on the wall.. Love Peace,and Frosted White Lip gloss!

I left the store with a smile on my face, because I was fashion when fashion wasn't cool.

They say if you wait long enough, everything comes back in style.. Umm no thanks! A retro look usually has some sort of update made to it to at least make it look a bit modern,perhaps a longer sleeve or slight flair to a coat, but these look like someone stole from the Goodwill bin (sorry) . Bottle Green went out a long time ago,along with brown corduroy.

I think this ship is sinking fast!

Until next time~

Hugs and Hearts,

BellevueGrl
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment